Thursday, October 27, 2011

Three bleeping years later

Fast forward and now Paige is 10 (same attitude though marginally better because we can reason with her), Jacob is 11 (prefers computers to friends, though fortunately he has a lot of friends who we force him to play with), Lucy and Josie are both 4. See, you blink your eyes and the kids are adults and into places of their own...

Well, reality hits you hard, bro - the recession and 4 little kids knocked me off the tracks and no blogs for you (and cathartic writing for me) for three years. Imagine. During that time, I have mixed Christianity with Buddhism (I really don't think God will mind since all things come from Him anyway, and bless Him for meditation and mindfulness). On the up side, we still have the house and our jobs and (most of) our friends and loved ones. Let's gloss over the sad stuff, shall we?

We went to Disneyland last month - saved up all year, the whole bit. Lost both Jacob and Paige at different times; both were sullen and embarrased once we located them, but no harm no foul. Being accused of being "overly cautious," I must toot my own horn: having a "meet here if we get separated" place really did pay off. We got tons of photos and had a great time, even if we did split the family in half most of the time to do it. More on that in the separate Disneyland blog.

As my friends and best-neighbors-forever (BNFs) can tell you, these kids really are driving me to drink, but fortunately that's with the neighbors and on weekends. We partner it with Rockband, s'mores, swimming and really loud music with Michelle and I singing at the top of our lungs, not to mention dancing while the kids roll their eyes. Yes, the eye rolling has reached epic proportions and even results in a little nystagmus for the poor tikes. Serves them right for suggesting that I'm a) old, b) lost my cool card, c) make up the words and they know it and d) did they already mention I'm old?

1 comment:

  1. Words can't express my joy at the return of your blog!!! I have no shame for the drinking and singing and dancing and if the two older kids don't think we're cool anymore, at least we still have the littles for a bit longer. Or Sean does, anyway...

    ReplyDelete